Medeae

knitting, reading, travel, exercise, teenage parenting, self improvement, do it yourself projects, beading, music, coffee, wine, life!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

This is fun...

if you are an anal retentive goal setter. Actually, normal people might enjoy this also. A little background before the links so this all makes sense. Last summer I was at a loss for a good read and remembered when I was in college that there was a list of 100 books everyone should read. So I googled for the "top 100 books" and came across a website that had this list of novels. I also found a movie list, non fiction list and a sci-fi list! I printed off these lists and have been slowly but surely working my way through them. With a few exceptions, I have enjoyed all the ones I have read/watched so far. Some of the books have actually made me think to get through them! My brain was so excited to wake up and be challenged!
I digress. This morning I went in to get the link to post on my blog and found they have totally changed thier format. You can add lists and then check off what you have completed! It gives you a % for how much you have completed and an easy link to share your lists! This beats the heck out of putting it on a spreadsheet and tracking it that way! Normal people may not even have considered this as an option but I bet some of you will understand. Anyway, here are the links to what I am currently working on:


Part of the fun is to see what you have already read/watched. The other cool think about this website is that if the books cross over onto another list and you have it checked as read, it automatically checks it for you.

I am going back to play now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Looks like I'm 50% done with the Science Fiction list, and 37% done with the movie list. Forgot the others already.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

OK 40% with the Radcliffe list. I'd say there are a lot of books missing on both top 100 lists, but that's an English major talking...

9:32 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Time to update! : )

6:17 PM  
Blogger anita said...

Oklahoma authors are fun to read. I can send you several names if you like.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home