Medeae

knitting, reading, travel, exercise, teenage parenting, self improvement, do it yourself projects, beading, music, coffee, wine, life!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Global Warming….Crisis or crap?

I just started reading Al Gore’s book “AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH” in order to obtain some hard facts about global warming. It is something I have been meaning to do for quite a while and finally got myself into the library to check it out.
I am immediately struck by two things about this book that I do not like. First, the information is presented as a very emotional call to action. This is not a bad thing in itself; however, I prefer to be swayed by solid facts from well cited sources that lead to conclusion(s) that make sense.
Which leads me to my second complaint, where are all these “facts” coming from? Gore continually refers to scientific studies that are not cited by name or report or location for information. After running across several of these, I jumped to the back and looked for a source citation. I did not find one. I did find a long listing of acknowledgements for the pictures but no sources. I like to know where all this information comes from so I can read (or skim) some of these things myself and make my own decisions.
I will finish reading it and in the meantime will look for information on different theories so I can make up my own mind about the reality of global warming. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look for studies by David Karoly, he is a very noted climatologist who is more concerned with facts than with swaying people.

It's an issue fraught with emotions on both sides. Best look up scientific journals for the facts.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices as regards the sneakers were about 220 pounds everwhere. But completely I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what do you think?

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home